Thursday, December 20, 2012

Third of Advent

This last Sunday.. The third of Advent, I finally tasted this year's Blossa Glögg!
For those of you who doesn't know what it is, it's a hot beverage similar to the french "vin chaud" or the german "glühwein". Really good and typical for the winter season. The "normal" glögg has a certain and very classic taste, but a lot of companies produce alternative flavours or the classic mixed in different ways. Even in a lot of homes recipes circulate and people have or create their own recipes with wine, fruits, berries and spices.
Blossa is a Swedish company producing glögg, and every year they have a new taste and edition - limited to that year. It's always exciting to try the new one. But I have to admit, it wasn't that special this year. The flavour this season was "Yuzu & Ginger". Before I tasted it, I thought it would become my new favourite because I love ginger. It didn't make the top charts, it was quite tame. All in all, alright and with a sweet citrus taste but I'm still disappointed.