Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cleaning out my closet


Today I'm sorting out clothes that I'm never going to wear again and that can come to better use elsewhere than in the back of my closet.

I try to fix the clothes or give them a new style/color, so I can start to use them again or they will be wearable again for someone else. Maybe they can be part of something new, reuse the fabric in a new garment.
Don't throw a lot of wretched clothes in the trash, go to a public recycling point or site so they can be taken care of the right way.
The best thing to do if the clothes are clean and in one piece - 
you should donate! To friends/family, charities, relief and aid organisations. There could be some sort of clothes rumble nearby, where you can switch clothes with others.
If you don't want to just give them away, try to sell them on the internet or maybe on a flea market/yard sale.


In Sweden the average person throws 8 kilos of clothes in the trash, every year! And we buy 15 kilos a year per person..?! Come on, start consuming wisely! Or your closet will implode..?

No comments:

Post a Comment