Monday, September 16, 2013

Time flies..

When you're having fun!! Sorry for my lack of updates..! I've been busy with wedding planning, work, training, started a French course(don't know what I was thinking but I'll do my best..!) and also it was time for some VACATION in the middle of all that! Have been living too well, these couple of weeks.. So those earlier weeks of training just said "POOF!" and I think I have to start all over again, start to pay again in sweat.. well, well.. It was worth it!

Went to Corsica for a week, back to where it all begun.. the love story.. :D I love that beautiful island, when we arrived it felt like no time had passed. It felt like home.
Ate the world's best pizza every single day at lunchtime, my one and only "Dame Blanche" at La Crêperie, in Île Rousse where we stayed. I've missed that pizza for six loooong years! Best served with lots of chili oil on it and a great big Pietra(Corsican chestnut beer) on the side.. Mmm.. We had wonderful warm weather, met some old and some new friends. Drank sangria and a whole lot of rosé wine!
And here's a treat! We tried climbing outdoors for the first time, what a rush! I'm definitely hooked, have already been checking out equipment and possibilities for climbing in Copenhagen. (So I'm prepared to get started, when we move there.)
The week afterwards, we spent in Denmark. Went to Odense(home town of the beloved writer H.C.Andersen) and of course, Copenhagen. A super great week as well, but a bit more exhausting with a more packed schedule than the week before. I'll post some pictures from the vacation during this week, I promise!


We started our homecoming with birthday celebrations.. my fiancée had his birthday last week. I made it my mission to make a chocolate/blueberry birthday cake with merengue inside. It didn't look the best(loving the colour palette though), the chocolate layering got a bit out of controll. But it tasted really good..if I may say so myself!! Speaking about cakes, have to decide what the wedding cake should taste like soon. We have decided on the outside and found the person/company to bake it. We just have to try some different flavour combinations, then we're all set. (Tips on tasty combos are welcomed!)

Also got some flowers from visiting birthday guests this weekend.. I bought him a Chili plant, it's called 'Basket of Fire'. He's or we've been looking for some good hot chili peppers to use, so he can make us our own chili oil here at home. I found this plant(and YES it is hot, hot, hot..!) the day of his birthday and it felt like a sign to buy it. I'll do a separate post later, so you can see the new plant in our appartment! Ahh, the benefits of living together and be able to enjoy someone else's birthday presents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment